Following the purchase of the school by the Katanning Baptist Church in 1986, the OKA has continued to raise funds to maintain the Coach House building and St. Michael and All Angels Chapel as part of the lease agreement the Association has with the KBC. In the past decade, many large and small projects have been completed at Kobeelya.
Prior to the Kobeelya 100th Centenary and Reunion in September 2022, the projects listed below were completed due to the generous donations of former students.
- The bell and cover reinstalled in front of the Coach House Museum. Many thanks to Colin and Michael Lockhart by Mini Projects WA who carried out the repairs.
- LED fluro lights installed all rooms of the Coach House Museum.
- Six LED globes installed in St Michael and All Angels Chapel.
The list also includes:
- Reroofing and painting the Coach House
- Fundraising Brick Drive
- Paving the Chapel forecourt
- Restoration of school, sporting and chapel banners
- Removal of moss from chapel roof
- Lining the chapel ceiling
- Replacing the aisle runner, vestry and chancel carpet in the chapel
- Digitising the ‘Kobeelya 1922-1982’ book
- 13 interpretive signage boards installed in the Kobeelya grounds